Insulation Contractor in Berkeley, IL
Without properly insulating your home, you will end up with higher electric bills year round. Insulation is one of the most important contributing factors to energy efficiency and temperature regulation. In a way you can think of insulation as a blanket for your home – It keeps hot and cold temperatures in while helping your furnace and air conditioner maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home.
There are a few types of commonly used insulation:
- Cellulose Insulation: Made out of recycled or treated paper, this blown in insulation is perfect for attics as well as closed in wall cavities.
- Fiberglass Insulation: This style of insulation is made out of a fiber reinforced polymer, typically used in easily accessible areas and many new construction projects
- Injection Foam Insulation: Injection foam is inserted through small openings in your walls and expands to fill in the empty space.
- Spray Foam Insulation: Used in band joists, near electrical penetrations, around plumbing and more. In difficult to reach areas, spray foam is the ideal option because it expands to fill the area.
When you work with Chicago Insulation Pros we will determine the type of insulation to install in your home based off of the accessibility of the area that needs to be insulated, your budget, cost of insulation, characteristics of the material you are using and more.
With January temperatures in the Chicago metropolitan area averaging around 21°F you need to have ultimate control over your heating system as well as efficiency. Quality insulation can help you regulate the heat in your home as well as keep more cool air in throughout July when the average temperature is 73°F.
Because of temperature variances throughout the year surrounding Chicago, a qualified insulation contractor will have to use specific types of insulation especially for upgrading the older brick style properties in the Chicagoland area.
The main insulation of choice in this area ranges from
- Spray foam for trouble spots
- Fiberglass for new construction where there is access
- Loose cellulose for attics and older homes requiring updated insulation
Replacing the insulation in your home can help you not only better regulate the temperature throughout your home but also save money on energy today. If you need insulation contractors for upgrades or new construction projects call Chicago Insulation Pros today at (773) 355-4664 to learn more about your options.
City: Berkeley, Illinois
County: Cook County, Illinois
Zip Codes Served: 60163
Energy Efficiency Programs
Looking to make your home more energy efficient? There are a number of programs in the state of Illinois that offer rebates and savings just for having your home insulated! You can find additional savings through Nicor Gas, Peoples Gas, and North Shore Gas.