Round Lake, IL Attic Insulation
Proper insulation is essential in every home in the Greater Chicago area. Without insulation in your home you are losing energy efficiency and spending needless money on your energy bills. Insulation is essential to keeping home temperatures regulated especially in older properties. The older your home is, the higher the chances you will need to replace your existing insulation.
Common types of insulation we use:
- Cellulose Insulation: This type of insulation is made from recycled materials and is blown into small spaces. It is a good option for updating insulation or for attic spaces.
- Fiberglass insulation: This style insulation is more commonly used in new construction because the insulation comes in large sheets for installation.
- Rock Wool Insulation: Created from a recycled material known as rock wool or slag wool, this insulation is known for being fire resistant.
- Spray foam / Injection Foam: These two insulation types basically expand to fill in the spaces in hard to reach areas.
In Chicagoland, the winter gets very cold with the average temperature in January being around 21°F. Then you also have an inconsistent summer where temperatures fluctuate even further. Over the course of the year, the average Greater Chicago area resident will experience over 50°f in temperature variances. Your insulation works against these massive temperature variances to control and maintain the temperature of your home.
Because of these big changes in temperature, older brick style homes in the heart of Chicago can have major issues when it comes to efficiency. Some of the top insulation choices for updating and new construction in the Chicago area include:
- Fiberglass batt style sheets for new construction/easy access areas.
- Blown in Cellulose for updating insulation with little access and attics.
- Radiant Barriers installed under your roof to reflect the summer heat away from your home, and keep the warmth in during the cold season.
- Spray foam for cracks and trouble spots.
Professional insulation contractors can utilize all of these types of insulation to better regulate the temperature in your home and improve your homes energy efficiency. With updated insulation you could be saving hundreds if not thousands of dollars every year on your energy bill. To learn more about your options and get an estimate contact Chicago Insulation Pros today.
City: Round Lake, Illinois
County: Lake County, Illinois
Zip Codes Served: 60073
Energy Efficiency Programs
Looking to make your home more energy efficient? There are a number of programs in the state of Illinois that offer rebates and savings just for having your home insulated! You can find additional savings through Nicor Gas, Peoples Gas, and North Shore Gas.