Importance of Attic Insulation in Shorewood, IL
Every Chicagoland home owner needs to focus on efficiency and insulation. Without updating insulation in your home you could be wasting hundreds of dollars on your energy bill every year. When performing any renovations or new construction projects insulation is also extremely important.
Common insulation types:
- Spray foam Insulation: This is a type of insulation used for filling in small spaces behind your walls and in tough to reach areas.
- Radiant Barriers: These are installed under your roof to reflect the summer heat away from your home, and keep the warmth in during the winter months.
- Cellulose Insulation: This insulation type is usually blown into very tough to reach areas and is made out of recycled paper and materials. It is the perfect solution for upgrading old insulation and for attics.
- Fiberglass Insulation: This style insulation is also commonly called Batt insulation. This is most common for easy access areas and for renovation/new construction projects.
One of the biggest reasons you need to install or update your existing insulation in the Chicago metropolitan area is because of the vast temperature difference between seasons. In the summer Chicagoland can reach temperatures of well over 75°F, while in the winter temperatures usually dip below 21°F. Having a resilient form of insulation that can not only hold the heat in but preserve the cold air for air conditioning/natural breezes is very important in Chicago. Top insulation contractors utilize many of the aforementioned insulation types for most homes.
Sheet style insulation is used for new construction projects
- Blown in Cellulose style insulation is common for attics and for older home upgrades
- Radiant barriers are installed under your roof and reflect summer heat
- Spray foam is used for difficult areas behind your walls.
Professional Chicago installation contractors can assess any new construction project, renovation or older home to use a combination of these products to properly insulate and protect the energy use for a home. If you are interested in saving on your energy bill and better regulating the temperature inside your home, call Chicago Insulation Pros today at (773) 355-4664 to learn more.
City: Shorewood, Illinois
County: Will County, Illinois
Zip Codes Served: 60404
Energy Efficiency Programs
Looking to make your home more energy efficient? There are a number of programs in the state of Illinois that offer rebates and savings just for having your home insulated! You can find additional savings through Nicor Gas, Peoples Gas, and North Shore Gas.