Insulation Contractors in Waukegan, ILWithout properly insulating your home, you will end up with higher electric bills year round. Insulation is one of the most important contributing factors to energy efficiency and temperature regulation. In a way you can think of insulation as a blanket for your home – It keeps hot and cold temperatures in while helping your furnace and air conditioner maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home. There are a few types of commonly used insulation:
- Cellulose Insulation: Made out of recycled or treated paper, this blown in insulation is perfect for attics as well as closed in wall cavities.
- Fiberglass Insulation: This style of insulation is made out of a fiber reinforced polymer, typically used in easily accessible areas and many new construction projects
- Injection Foam Insulation: Injection foam is inserted through small openings in your walls and expands to fill in the empty space.
- Spray Foam Insulation: Used in band joists, near electrical penetrations, around plumbing and more. In difficult to reach areas, spray foam is the ideal option because it expands to fill the area.
- Spray foam for trouble spots
- Fiberglass for new construction where there is access
- Loose cellulose for attics and older homes requiring updated insulation
City: Waukegan, Illinois County: Lake County, Illinois Zip Codes Served: 60079, 60085, 60087